Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Altered Artist Palette for Lindy's Stamp Gang

Hi there again, I'm back with another project to share with you today.  I'd wanted to create one of these to display in my crafting area, and when I saw the gorgeous colours for this month's challenge, I knew I had to use them for this project. 
 

 
So here's my tutorial....
 
 
I used the negative from a Couture Creations 'Everyday Essentials '- Beach Fern diecut as a stencil, and sponged on some gesso.
 
 
I also applied a thick coat of crackle medium using a palette knife.
 
 
I applied some modeling paste using the Couture Creations Background Savvy "Honeypot" die as a stencil, then allowed it to dry.
 
 
I cut two hearts using Love Abounds and A Touch Of Love dies from the Couture Creations Floral Lace collection and spritzed one with "Cosmopolitan Pink" and "A Bit o Bubbly" Starburst sprays for some gorgeous shimmer.  The second diecut was embossed using my latest favorite embossing colour.... Angel Wings Gold!
 
 
I sprayed 'I'm Late, I'm Late Slate' and 'South Shore Sand' to colour the background.
 
 
The gesso provides a slight resist so you can gently wipe the spray off with a tissue or baby wipe to reveal the white contrast.
 
 
I used 'Cest la vie Cherise' to paint the leaves.
 
 
'Cest la vie Cerise' was added to the background, with some 'Time Travel Teal' to add a bit more depth. 
 
 
The Imaginarium chipboard pieces were painted with 'Cest la vie Cherise' and 'Time Travel Teal'. I then added  all my embellishments.
 
 
 
I stamped and heat embossed a couple of floral images using Twilight Jade Slate over clear embossing ink.  This creates a subtle effect.
 
 
I mixed Atomic Green Gold Mica powder with some gel medium and threw in a few beads to create some chunky texture.
 
 
 
 
 
I hope I've inspired you to create something beautiful today.
Happy scrapping,
Tina

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! I adore this 'off the page' palette you created Tina and you're right the colours are gorgeous !! all those dies and chunky textures totally ROCK, thanks for the tute...no need to come to classes now LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing, really love the colors and this will look wonderful in your art room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just amazing! So beautiful and so detailed.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails